I have posted this here [freelance writing job] before. This is an update (with more info).
Looking for freelance writing jobs internationally? Here are some sites available for you to try:
- Programmer meet Designer
- Blog Posts For Sale
- SunOasis Freelance Writing
You can also use Indeed to help you narrow down your search for jobs. All you need to do is type in “freelance” or “freelance writing” into the search box.
If you want to bid for a job, you can try these sites:
- GetAFreelancer – not recommended but you can give it a try (most writers are under paid)
* GAF has recently launched a new layout. It looks much better now.
If you want to earn royalty from blogging sites, try these:
When you bid for a job, make sure you don’t sell out yourself. Place a bid with a rate that is reasonable. Don’t bid as if you are dying to get the job (this will only benefit the clients and NOT you). Remember there are many other jobs and if you are being offered a low paying job, try to find others before you accept it.
Now that you know where to get the jobs you want, how do you make sure you get the job?
- When you apply for a job, make sure you submit your resume that covers your expertise and mention your experience (if applicable). You don’t need a long resume, a short one will do as long as you have all the important facts in it.[What you should write in your resume? Your personal details, your education (if applicable) and your experience.]
- If you are bidding for a job, mention briefly how you are going to get the job done and of course, don’t forget to put in your rate for the whole project and perhaps explain why you set such a rate.[You don’t need to lower your rate for the sake of getting a project. Downgrading your rate is like downgrading your work quality. Don’t do that.]
- If you are being asked for a sample through the bidding sites, ask the client if your sample work will be paid. (Usually, some clients won’t pay and when you submit your work, they use it freely for their own advantage – you are at the losing end)[This is why you should have an online portfolio. Gather all your writing examples and direct your potential clients to the link that has your portfolio.]
- Special tip: When you register at bidding sites or freelance writing job sites / forums, be sure to register a professional user name rather than using funny names. This might be a small gesture but it has a big effect on your success.
So, how do YOU get your freelance jobs?
Feel free to share with us!