Have you heard of freewriting?
What is freewriting?
Free writing is when you:
- write non-stop
- don’t correct your writing
- keep writing, even if you have nothing to write, just to keep the flow of writing (imagine writing something that means nothing)
- don’t judge or censor your writing
- It helps to generate ideas before expanding
- It helps to gather information before rearranging
- It helps to unblock “writer’s block”
- It helps to get comfortable with writing
- Just for fun
Freewriting is the best way to start your writing, especially when you are suffering writer’s block. It helps to get into the writing mood.
You can free write when:
- you feel that ideas are flowing in your mind
- you have nothing to write and want to write something
- you feel angry or sad and you want to let it all out on paper (or typing on your computer)
- you want to sleep but cannot sleep
Example of freewriting:
Resources on freewriting: