It is devastating when one is being fired. It is even more devastating when the one who is being fired has a family to feed. More people are losing jobs thanks to the recession. Every day, there are news about companies firing people to save cost. If you still have a job, congratulations. If you are jobless and reading this, all I can say is that look on the bright side of everything that falls upon us.
Latest news title:
598,000 workers lose their jobs in January
Not so new news:
What You Can Do
- Get enough rest. Stop thinking about your job loss. Look into the mirror and tell yourself ‘this is not the end of the world’.
- Get a new job. Go online and search for jobs. When one door closes, another door opens. Keep on trying until you get a job.
- While you are looking for a permanent job, get some part time job so that you get some income, even when it is not the usual wage you get from your previous job.
- If you can write/design/do coding – there are many freelance jobs you can get. Check out the freelance writing sites to help you get started.
- There are other simple part time jobs you can do. Depending on your geographical area, you can be someone’s gardener, baby sitter or dog-walker. There are many ways you can earn extra $$$.
- If you are not doing anything, get some companions and go for a cheap holiday (if you can afford it). You need people around you to make sure you do not fall into depression and get worse.
What You Should Not Do
- DO NOT linger around at home doing nothing – this will beat your emotion, you will feel depressed over time and it is best to have people surrounding you at this time especially your close family.
- If you are a man, I know you have your ego, but you SHOULD NOT keep your family in the dark. They deserve to know that you lose your job and they will be there to help you through the tough times.
- If you are a woman, you SHOULD NOT hide this from your husband.
- If you are not married, you SHOULD NOT keep this from your parents or siblings.
- You SHOULD NOT blame yourself when you lose a job. It is not your fault.
Keep these in mind and you will be fine. If not, you can always add in your own ways to beat joblessness.